Sunday, June 7, 2009

Klang Pacers 1/2 Marathon 2009




This will be my 1st overseas running event and as usual I will set a finishing time for myself. Ideally I will hope to finish in 1hr 45mins, which will requires me run at a pace of 5min/km. However, I myself is also doubtful as it's just 1 week after Sundown Marathon and I hardly do any running.

Overall it's a well organized ran with good weather, except that there are no distance markers and only plain water are served during the race and just before the race starts I realised that my Polar foot pod runs out of batt. Well I just have to "feel" my running pace and estimate the distance.

The race started off at 6:30am and as adrenaline rush I pick up a fast pace, and very soon my hip gives me pain again, wonder if I am running too fast and halfway through the race, guess around 10km and again I got stitch. Got to endure the pain throughout the rest of the race but really glad to have received cheers from my follow Safra runners. What a painful run! At least managed a Sub 2 hours with a time of 1hr 53mins.




No comments:

Post a Comment